I was very kindly reminded by Warhammer 39999 that I needed to post again...to which end, last night I cracked open the tub of Empire Spearmen, fixed up all the broken pointy bits and set about painting a few more heads. Here's the unit ("regiment"?) as it stands:The other side of the banner:And with Tycho the Warrior Priest in the foreground:This experience reminded me why I don't paint WFB stuff more often:
- Metal pointy buts are a real inconvenience;
- The models aren't very robust;
- They're too spiky to be able to stand in ranks very easily;
- I hate painting 'natural' tones and I'm not at all good at it;
- The State Troops models have too much detail, and it's really poorly executed;
- I hate painting plumes.